Typically, POP sends out two postcard mailings a year, to keep supporters up to date on our programs and events. While in prior years these had featured some photos from the past season, last year, we held a competition to provide an opportunity for a local artist to share their work. We loved the submissions so much that we selected two winners, with an honorarium provided to each one, and had beautiful new artwork to share with POP’s supporters in the spring and fall. And, we’re doing it again this year!
We believe in practicing gratitude, and everyone who makes a donation receives a hand-written thank you note from a POP employee or board member. If you’d like to make a one-time gift or start a new sustaining monthly gift, you can visit our Donate page. But it’s not only donors we appreciate, it’s our entire community of volunteers, partners, social media followers, workshop attendees, and other program participants. If you’re not currently on POP’s mailing list, but would like to receive mail from us in the future, please fill out this form.
- These rules apply to the Philadelphia Orchard Project (aka POP) 2022 Postcard Competition (“Competition”).
- To enter the contest, submit your 4″x6″ design by email to firstname.lastname@example.org as a .png or .pdf file with the subject line “2022 postcard competition”. Upon receipt, we will send you a release form. Emailed entries must contain a high resolution scan or digital version of the artwork file. If the scan is not high resolution it may not be suitable for printing.
- Multiple original designs may be entered by the same person. Any design submitted by a minor under age 18 must be accompanied by the permission of their parent or guardian.
- The closing date for entries is midnight on Sunday February 13, 2022. Winners will be announced by the end of February 2022.
- No purchase of any sort is necessary to enter the Competition.
- Your postcard designs must be completely original, and created only by the named entrant. The design may not infringe the copyright, trade mark or other right that may be owned by a third party. Entries may be rejected by the sole discretion of POP, including, without limitation, for reasons of obscenity, defamation, invasion of privacy or if deemed to be inappropriate.
- All eligible entries may be shared via POP’s website or social media, along with the artist’s name (unless you wish to be anonymous).
- The medium/design of the postcard is up to each entrant. Two winners will be chosen: one postcard will be sent to POP supporters this spring, the second will be sent in the fall. The theme of the design should be inspired by community orchards and/or nature in general, highlighting the fruit and plants that commonly grow in this region. You may also include your name or signature on the front of the card but please do not include any other text.
- POP will create text for the reverse side of the postcard where your name, website, or social media handles may be included. You will have the chance to approve the text related to your artwork.
- The result of the competition will be final.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions!
Sign up for POP emails or update your contact information here.