Help POP plant the future of Philadelphia!
Give in support of POP’s annual Pomona Fund challenge! This year, POP is aiming to raise $24,000 from our end-of-year campaign, and we need your help to get there. POP’s Pomona Fund makes possible all of the annual support we provide to our 61 existing community orchard partners across the city, including:
● POPCORE urban orchardist training series and 15 total workshops on orchard care and gleaning
● POP staff consulting visits and assistance with 110 orchard work days involving 1087 volunteers in caring for community orchards
● Informational materials including POP’s urban orchard blog, new pest and disease ID guide, weed ID guide, pruning guide, and a growing number of orchard-based school lesson plans
● 20 orchard expansion plantings and 4 new fruit arbors and trellises
● Annual orchard tool and supply giveaways to our community orchard partners
● Support for community events like this year’s 10th annual East Park Apple Festival
Your donation to POP makes all this possible! Help us to continue to provide these valued support services to our hard-working community partners towards a shared vision of a city of fruit for all.
In 2018, your support helped POP to plant new orchards at Union Baptist Church in South Philadelphia, Wyck Historic House in Germantown, and Cramp Elementary in North Philadelphia. We ask you to make a one-time or recurring gift today so POP can continue planting new orchards and providing robust ongoing support to our 61 existing community orchards.
Thank you so much for your support!