Yes, it's possible to make maple syrup in Philly, no travel to Vermont required for this sweet plant-based treat! Jethro Heiko is a community organizer and founder of Oak Lane Maple. He is as passionate about community as he is about maple trees and syrup. Oak Lane Maple tapped 40 trees in North Philadelphia in the 2021 season which is just wrapping up.
At the event, you will learn about maple trees and tree tapping in our region, required equipment for the tapping process and syrup preparation, how Jethro got started tapping last year, and how you can get involved. We will visit a few of the maple trees in The Woodlands and talk about tree identification of maples and other edible trees commonly found around the city, and on the grounds of the Woodlands.
Please note: Face masks are required. We will not be tasting or sampling any syrup at this event.
Sliding-scale tickets: $5, $10, $15, or $20
* Tickets at $15+ get a complimentary 3oz bottle of Oak Lane syrup! *
NOTE: We do not encourage you to tap trees in The Woodlands, or any other location besides your own backyard. This event will take place too late in the season and is for educational purposes only.
COVID-19 PROTOCOLS: By registering for this event you are agreeing to follow ALL of these protocols:
- This event will be capped at 20 people. Please only register if you fully intend to attend. Let us know if you need to cancel ASAP.
- All participants must wear a mask for the duration of the event
- Participants must maintain 6 feet of distance from one another during the event
- If you or anyone in your household are exhibiting Covid-19 symptoms, or know you have been in close contact with someone diagnosed with Covid, please stay home.
4000 Woodland Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19104
|Sliding scale registration||$ 5.00|
|Sliding scale registration||$ 10.00|
|Sliding scale registration (includes syrup!)||$ 15.00|
|Sliding scale registration (includes syrup!)||$ 20.00|
Event Custom Fields