The Philadelphia Orchard Project is a registered non-profit in Pennsylvania with a 501c3. All donations made out to “The Philadelphia Orchard Project” are tax deductible to the extent provided by law and will be used to plant and maintain orchards and cover costs associated with running the organization.
How to Donate:
- Send a check made payable to “Philadelphia Orchard Project” to
Philadelphia Orchard Project
c/o The Woodlands
4000 Woodland Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19104
- Link here for more information on what different contribution levels can purchase for a community in need, how to adopt an orchard or sponsor a new orchard, and sponsorship opportunities for businesses.
- Make an in-kind contribution of plant materials, tools, or supplies. Please email our Executive Director Phil Forsyth (email@example.com) for details.
- POP can now accept stock transfers! Please contact Executive Director Phil Forsyth (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Also remember the Philadelphia Orchard Project in your estate plans by contacting your legal or financial advisor.
- POP can accept workplace giving via United Way, EarthShare, and Benevity.
A donation to the Philadelphia Orchard Project is a unique way to support multiple social, environmental, and economic objectives. The benefits of orchards include:
- Improving nutrition and public health by building community food security.
- Restoring air, water, and soil quality.
- Bringing people together to make neighborhoods cleaner, safer, and more livable.
- Cutting fossil fuel emissions by sequestering carbon and localizing food supply.
The Double Carbon Offset:
The Philadelphia Orchard Project is a great way to offset your carbon emissions. Urban orchards simultaneously absorb atmospheric carbon and reduce food miles and the corresponding emissions associated with production, transport, and refrigeration. Each year or each time you take a trip, consider making a donation to POP to offset your contributions to the carbon economy.
Current Foundation Funders:
- Arbor Day Foundation (ACTrees)
- Claneil Foundation
- EarthShare PA
- Henrietta Tower Wurts Memorial (Philadelphia Foundation)
- Junior League of Philadelphia
- Leo & Peggy Pierce Foundation
- Patricia Kind Family Foundation
- Philadelphia Chapter of the Garden Club of America
- Philadelphia Foundation