How to Donate
Update July 2021: POP has moved to a new donation management system called Bloomerang. Transactions will be collected via their secure payment processing system, so the donation forms may look slightly different compared to what you’ve seen in the past. If you have any questions, please contact Kim Jordan (email@example.com). Thanks for your support!
Send a check made payable to “Philadelphia Orchard Project” to:
Philadelphia Orchard Project
c/o The Woodlands
4000 Woodland Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19104
The Philadelphia Orchard Project is a 501c3 non-profit registered in Pennsylvania (EIN 26-1075823). All donations made out to “The Philadelphia Orchard Project” are tax deductible to the extent provided by law and will be used to plant and maintain orchards and cover costs associated with running the organization.
Are you a current volunteer, program participant, community gardener, or neighborhood resident seeking a more resilient future and a stronger local food system? The Philadelphia Orchard Project (POP) works with established community organizations to grow a movement that invests in people and perennial plants. Join the community of POP’s most committed supporters by making a monthly gift of $5 a month or more.
POP plants community orchards that develop over many years, investing time and attention to empower our partners so that each orchard site is a productive, welcoming space for years to come. Throughout the seasons, POP team members engage with partners and volunteers to provide hands-on training in ecological orchard care, encourage the harvest and use of plants, and promote ongoing community engagement.
As a monthly donor, your gift will provide critical and consistent support for POP’s programs and more than 65 community partners. POP leads orchard planting efforts, educational programs, and hands-on training year-round, and your consistent donation can help make our approach to perennial community agriculture grow in impact and yield for decades to come. Help POP orchards take root by committing to a monthly gift today!
Other Ways to Donate
- Make an in-kind contribution of plant materials, tools, or supplies. Please email Co-Executive Director Phil Forsyth (firstname.lastname@example.org) for details.
- Include the Philadelphia Orchard Project in your estate plans by contacting your legal or financial advisor.
- POP can accept workplace giving via EarthSharePA, United Way, and Benevity. POP is also part of the Penn’s Way campaign via Alliance for Change (ID# C0417).
- Set up contributions via your donor-advised fund. Create an annual gift if you can.
- See if your employer matches gifts, which can double your impact.
- POP can now accept stock transfers! Please contact Co-Executive Director Phil Forsyth (email@example.com).
A donation to the Philadelphia Orchard Project is a unique way to support multiple social, environmental, and economic objectives. The benefits of orchards include:
- Improving nutrition and public health by building community food security and neighborhood food sovereignty.
- Restoring air, water, and soil quality, and improving nature habitats.
- Bringing people together to make neighborhoods cleaner, safer, and more livable.
- Cutting fossil fuel emissions by sequestering carbon and localizing food supply.
Current Organizational Funders
- Alvéole (via 1% for the Planet)
- B Lab
- The Caroline Fredricka Holdship Charitable Trust, administered by PNC Charitable Trusts
- Claneil Foundation
- Crux Consulting
- Dolfinger-McMahon Foundation
- Hardy Plant Society Mid-Atlantic Group
- Junior League of Philadelphia, Inc.
- Leo & Peggy Pierce Foundation
- LL Charitable
- MOM’s Organic Market
- Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture
- Pennsylvania Natural Resources Conservation Service
- Philadelphia Chapter of the Garden Club of America
- Primex Garden Center
- Rosenlund Family Foundation
- Weaver’s Way Environment Committee
- William Penn Foundation
Current Workplace Matching Companies
- Chubb Charitable Foundation
- GlaxoSmithKline Foundation
- Global Support and Development (GSD) Foundation
- OSIsoft, LLC
- Susquehanna International Group, LLP
- UnitedHealth Group