How to Donate
Send a check made payable to “Philadelphia Orchard Project” to:
Philadelphia Orchard Project
c/o The Woodlands
4000 Woodland Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19104
The Philadelphia Orchard Project is a 501c3 non-profit registered in Pennsylvania (EIN 26-1075823). All donations made out to “The Philadelphia Orchard Project” are tax deductible to the extent provided by law and will be used to plant and maintain orchards and cover costs associated with running the organization.
Other Ways to Donate
- Make an in-kind contribution of plant materials, tools, or supplies. Please email Co-Executive Director Phil Forsyth (firstname.lastname@example.org) for details.
- POP can now accept stock transfers! Please contact Co-Executive Director Phil Forsyth (email@example.com).
- Include the Philadelphia Orchard Project in your estate plans by contacting your legal or financial advisor.
- POP can accept workplace giving via United Way, EarthSharePA, and Benevity. POP is also part of the Penn’s Way campaign via Alliance for Change (ID# C0417).
- Set up contributions via your donor-advised fund. Create an annual gift if you can.
- See if your employer matches gifts, which can double your impact.
A donation to the Philadelphia Orchard Project is a unique way to support multiple social, environmental, and economic objectives. The benefits of orchards include:
- Improving nutrition and public health by building community food security and neighborhood food sovereignty.
- Restoring air, water, and soil quality, and improving nature habitats.
- Bringing people together to make neighborhoods cleaner, safer, and more livable.
- Cutting fossil fuel emissions by sequestering carbon and localizing food supply.
See what your contribution can provide to a community in need:
Berry Bush or Vine $30
Fruit or Nut Tree $60
Pollinator Garden $120
Adopt an Orchard $1200
Sponsor a New Orchard!
Current Organizational Funders
- B Lab
- Bryn Mawr Presbyterian Church Environment Committee and Advent Market
- The Caroline Fredricka Holdship Charitable Trust, administered by PNC Charitable Trusts
- Claneil Foundation
- David C. Isenberg Family Fund
- Dolfinger-McMahon Foundation
- Hardy Plant Society Mid-Atlantic Group
- Jody and John Arnhold
- Junior League of Philadelphia, Inc.
- Leo & Peggy Pierce Foundation
- MOM’s Organic Market
- One Tree Planted
- Patagonia Works
- Philadelphia Chapter of the Garden Club of America
- Rosenlund Family Foundation
- Weaver’s Way Environment Committee
- Whole Foods South St (bag donation program)
- William Penn Foundation
Current Workplace Matching Companies
- Chubb Charitable Foundation
- GlaxoSmithKline Foundation
- Global Support and Development (GSD) Foundation
- OSIsoft, LLC
- Susquehanna International Group, LLP
- UnitedHealth Group