POP sends out emails to the newsletter list 10-12 times per year. This list is perfect for catching up on seasonal workshops, recent blog posts, and major events and updates. The Volunteer & Events email is sent out more frequently during POP’s most active seasons, and will include information on all planting events, workshops, and orchard work days. The Volunteer & Events list may receive two to three emails per month during the spring and fall, with fewer during the summer and winter.
POP also manages two email lists via Google groups for those interested in more in-depth information on specific programs or topics (the frequency of emails can be adjusted by you following sign-up):
- The POPHarvest Gleaning listserv (for local and regional harvesting events)
- The Philadelphia Orchard Group (PHOG) listserv to receive tips about fruit-growing, pest and disease management, recipes, and more!
Volunteer your time to help POP grow!
POP is always looking for dedicated volunteers to help with ongoing support of orchard partners; plan events and do outreach; and assist with fundraising and communication efforts. The best way to find out about these opportunities is to join POP’s Volunteer & Events email list here.
Are you interested in fundraising, communications, and outreach? POP welcomes new or experienced volunteers to help sustain and expand organizational impact. Help with grant-writing or editing, identify new funding sources, plan and carry out non-planting events, or share your graphic design skills. Contact Co-Executive Director Kim Jordan (firstname.lastname@example.org) to learn more.
POP Community Agreement
POP staff and board have created this community agreement to uplift a commitment to mutual care, respect, justice, humility, growth, and community building in the spaces in which we work collectively. POP encourages all POP partners and volunteers to uphold these values through the following:
- Respecting everyone’s identity, ability, background, voice, experience, and boundaries.
- Committing to making spaces and experiences as accessible as possible: physically, socially, and personally.
- Committing to listen for understanding and create opportunities for all voices to be heard.
- Creating inclusive learning environments where people have the opportunity to both teach and learn.
- Accepting a shared responsibility to hold ourselves and one another accountable for these agreements’ intent.